Using BIM to design the electrical and teletechnical installations for a new stadium of the Wisła Płock football club. A facility with roofed stands for ca. 15,000 spectators along with the social and office areas and the necessary infrastructure.
The investment is being developed in a modern “Design and Build” system, which allows for the adaptation of construction plans depending on the changing conditions and technical possibilities without the need to modify the contract.
The scope of work includes the demolition of the existing Kazimierz Górski municipal stadium in Płock, the design and construction of a new facility with roofed stands for approx. 15 thousand fans, social and office areas and the necessary infrastructure.
Scope of work of Pradma engineers’ works
The electrical and teletechnical installations are the main areas of our activity inside and on the outside of the facility:
- transformer stations, inner supply lines, main and back-up lighting,
- fire alarm system, smoke removal, CCTV, access control systems, IDS,
- medium voltage and low voltage cable lines routs, telecommunications networks routs,
- lighting and video surveillance
Features of the new Wisła Płock stadium
The hallmark of the stadium is a facade covered with light blinds, with varying degrees of inclination – horizontal in the west, vertical in the east and slanting behind the gates, changing from the vertical to the horizontal and vice versa.
Thanks to the open form, the facility is naturally ventilated, at the same time should protect the spectators in the stands and the promenade with catering kiosks against the rain.
The promenade around the stands is right at the level of the street, but – due to the inclination of the land – on the first floor to the northern side of the building.
The western stand will be the only one equipped with extensive 4-storey back-up facilities. There will be two premium levels: the lower level with a large room and a business sector, and the top level with over ten lodges. At the top, there will be room for commentators, video cameras, and a command center.
Advantages of working in the Design&Build system
The Design&Build system was created to improve investment implementation while minimizing costs for the benefit of the investor and the contractor. The main advantages of working in the Design&Build system are:
- shortening construction time by moving smoothly to subsequent stages
- streamlining implementation by reducing the number of contractors
- improving efficiency and logistics in the management of human resources and tools
- optimizing construction costs
- saving the investor’s time and costs due to the involvement of one company as a general contractor
- fewer difficulties for the investor
Investor: Płock Town Hall
General Contractor: Mirbud S.A.
Architectural design and visualization: Perbo-Projekt Sp. z o.o.
Contract value: PLN 166,477,375
Completion date: 2022